Click to download the 2021-22 Hillside Calendar. You can also access the school calendar via the ESF App.
until 6 May: ESF Connections
17-18 May: School Photos
24 May: ESF Transition Day (K2-Y1)
24 June - 22 August: Summer Break
It was lovely seeing all the children back at school today! Fingers crossed that it is smooth sailing from here onwards, so the children can enjoy all this last school term.
It is vital to adhere to our health and safety protocols to ensure everyone's safety. Therefore, parents are kindly reminded of the following measures:
- Please confirm your child's negative RAT results (or exemption if your child has recovered from Covid) and your child's temperature via the ESF app.
- We ask all families to complete the RAT update via the ESF App by 8am for morning children and 12noon for afternoon children, as we are required to submit the RAT figures to the Centre of Health Protection each day.
- If your child is unwell or if any member of your household has Covid-19 symptoms, we ask that you keep them home.
- The CHP recommended that surgical face masks are required on school premises. Please prepare spare masks as children might easily misplace them.
- Snacktime: Snacks will be optional. If you feel snacking is unnecessary for your child, there is no need to pack a snack. Baby yoghurt drinks might be an alternative option instead of a full snack. There is a designated snack area for those needed, with dividers set up, under the supervision and assistance of school staff.
- All staff (and visitors) are required to use the LeaveHomeSafe app when entering the main school premises. Parents and guardians can drop off and pick up children from school, but we're not yet ready to permit general parent/guardian access inside the classrooms.
- Unwell Children: Please cooperate with the school by picking up children who are not feeling well from school and consulting the doctor immediately. Please refer to our medical guidelines on our website for more details.
- Vaccination Status: Student Vaccination is strongly encouraged by the HK Government. We appreciate your help in uploading details of your child's vaccination status (even if it is "vaccination planned") through the ESF App.
Your child’s latest unit report is now available for viewing. Please refer to the graphics below to access your child’s report. We would like parents to refer to the Hillside VLE regularly and also contribute to your child’s learning journey records by adding your comments. For this new report, we are inviting those parents interested to contribute by adding your comment in the “parent response to learning” box.
ESF Calendar 2022/23
ESF head office has reviewed the 2022/2023 calendar (attached). The plan is to be flexible with this calendar. For example, if Hong Kong unexpectedly hits a COVID wave before any holidays, we may adjust accordingly.
The calendar will need to go through Hong Kong government gazetting for 2023, typically completed in May. At this point, we do not anticipate any issues.
Attachments: Hillside Calendar for 2022_2023.pdf